CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – EVS VOLUNTEERS FOR STAGE B – “HEALTHY LIFESTYLE” PROJECT, ARAD (ROMANIA)
Dear potential EVS volunteers from Italy
We are excited to let you know that we have a great EVS opportunity for you!
An online presentation of the EVS project “Healthy Lifestyle” can be accessed at http://www.powtoon.com/p/du7sYtM51KA/
The main characteristics of the project are:
· Title of EVS Project: Healthy lifestyle
· Activities and support:
The volunteers will be involved in activities like promoting a healthy lifestyle, among citizens of Arad (Romania) of all types and all ages. They will organize a series of meetings with debates about health:
– top 5 diseases with whom we confront every day;
– body detoxification;
– improving lifestyle by learning about healthy products and their benefits
– changing the way we see nourishment, by cooking healthy, easy and cheaper;
– the importance of food with their content of vitamins & minerals;
– how we can prevent a lot of diseases even from exercises.
If our dear volunteers have the desire to care for other people, they will be able to realize this by promoting the meetings, aiming to obtain the participants needed for entire project, organizing all the preparation necessary for all the sessions such as logistics, information, speakers, make basic analysis and measurement of participants, even cooperate with local partners and maintaining the connection with the participants and by the end, they have to create statistics to verify if the program made changes to participants health.
· The volunteers will learn:
– Romanian language
– working in a team
– international culture
– negotiation & communication skills
– social and civic skills and many others!
We are looking for an open minded attitude and will to learn new language and new culture.
· Duration of the stages: 4 months (Stage B: 01.10.2014 – 30.01.2015) With the possibility of extension.
· Place: Arad / Romania
· Organization and administrative parts: Activities will be facilitated by a local coordinator from hosting organization. Personal skills and abilities which volunteers can gain will be also supervised by a mentor. Volunteers will be provided with accommodation, food and travel reimbursement within rules of action 2 of Youth in Action Program (at least 90% of travel costs). In addition, the EVS volunteers will receive a Youth Pass at the end of their stage.
· Application deadline: 20th of September 2014 for receiving applications (CV, ML of possible future volunteers) – priority the first applicants for selection!
Finally, we would like to thank you for your interest and we wish you best of luck in the process of selection for this EVS opportunity. In case you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us and to obtain the informations about your sending organization in your country, which offer you a training and help you with documentation and informations needed!